We cordially invite you to attend the 2016 Annual Technical Conference.
The conference will be held on February 12 & 13, 2016 at the Chateau Louis Hotel & Conference Centre in Edmonton
CONFERENCE FEE IS $125.00 FOR E.I.A.A. & I.A.E.I. MEMBERS AND $165.00 FOR NON MEMBERS.
Make cheques payable to: EIAA or Electrical Inspectors Association of Alberta
Reserve your attendance by mailing the registration form and your fee to the conference registrar:
EIAA CONFERENCE, c/o Ken Forbes, 81 Cougar Crescent North, Lethbridge, Alberta T1H-6K9
Here are a few highlights of what is coming Feb 12th & 13th in Edmonton:
- We are continuing to offer healthier selections at the coffee break tables and serving a hot meal rather than just soup and sandwiches;
- We will have an excellent cross section of exhibitors on our Friday tradeshow – some of your favorites will be returning and we will have several new exhibitors with the focus on “ what’s new” so you have the opportunity to see and get your hands on items before you run across them in the field.
Friday’s full-day schedule will feature:
- Guest Speaker: Ark Tsisserev (Applied Engineering) will be doing a presentation on “Use of Electricity and Installation of Electrical Equipment in Patient Care Areas of Healthcare Facilities - What? Why? How?”, and it will cover provisions of Section 24 of the CE Code and the CSA standard Z32;
- Guest Speaker: Rene Leduc (Marex Canada Limited) will be doing a presentation on Section 10 of the CE Code (Grounding & Bonding) and the re-write that is currently underway for the 2018 edition;
- We will have updates on what is happening in the worlds of the Safety Codes Council and Alberta Municipal Affairs;
- Updates on old business – any agenda items from previous years that have had some action or conclusion will be reviewed;
- Agenda items on any code items that have been submitted for discussion;
- Friday night will also see the continuation of the popular social “meet and greet” sponsored by Thomas & Betts.
Saturday’s half-day schedule will feature:
- Reports from the various code committees and the technical sub-council;
- Agenda items/unfinished business.
"We will again attempt to get out to anyone who has pre-registered all submission items we have prepared 2 weeks in advance of the conference so you have the opportunity to give some thought to the items before they reach the floor".
"We already have several items to go over and ask that if you have any item you wish discussed you submit it as soon as possible to allow time to conduct background research on the agenda item".
- EIAA Conference Committee